2015 OUTDOOR WRITERS OF OHIO CONFERENCE TO BE HELD IN ELYRIA
For those guests who have found themselves on this Outdoor Writers of Ohio Web Site on purpose or by accident, welcome! Coming up from May 7-10, 2015 is the 74th Annual Outdoor Writers of Ohio Conference. It will be hosted this year by Visit Lorain County and the writers and photographers will be headquartered at the newly remodeled Ramada Inn, Elyria, at the intersection of State Route 57 and the Ohio Turnpike (Route 80).
For non-members, here are some of the activities that Ohio’s writers will be participating in:
- Guided birding tours in some of the Lorain County MetroParks
- Explore the local Lake Erie tributaries with Kayaks and a tour boat
- Tour the Lorain Lighthouse
- Experience a Zip line course
- Visit a couple of Wineries
- Go Fishing
- Shoot Ohio’s championship sporting clays course
- Tour Findlay State Park
- See some attractions in the historic town of Oberlin
At the awards banquet, writers and photographers will be recognized for their outstanding work, scholarships will be given out to 2 deserving college students and any record fish caught in 2014 will be on display, along with their story of their capture told. Interested people may stop by the lobby of the Ramada Inn on May 8 to vote for their favorite photograph in the “People’s Choice” photo contest. Thanks for reading about the Outdoor Writers of Ohio!